Today i visited Fabcon Erfurt and talked to some guys there making their own printers or materials and even firmware-developers. There were quite a lot news for me:
0. (forgotten earlier) the Ultimakercrew was very helpful with all imaginable problems and delegated every question to the right people to answer. THX again Ultimaker.
1. ‘joris outer edge’ in Cura is named after Joris van Tubergen from Kamermaker (!)
he made a script for shifting layerthickness during printing. Amazing.
2. Kamermaker is using marlin but with different issues. They do not home and have larger problems with circles.
4. The printquality of the shown Replicator 2 was not as good as what the other (open source) printers had to offer. (damn! – no picture)
5. The guys from Kuehling are nice to talk to and wanna sell their nameless printer for around 4000€ excl.Tax – Ok for a setup with that many parts but i don’t think one needs so many… and it is sloow… (but accurate)
Now for some Prints:
This actually is the kuehling-printer BUT they said the wobble you see is due to diameter-change at the end of their filament…. They had nicer prints but nothing to compare… i think they heve better pics on their site.
The next two pics are made at the Suisse-Deltabot-booth. I don’t know if the first picture shows their print but the second was printing when i took the picture. What you can see there are tiny little teeth at the corners of their vase. This should be a problem of Marlin, they told me.
The next pictures are made at grrf with their x400. The size of the City-model was about 20x20cm.