As previous shown, Gunnar Gerhardt has already made a lot of characters that slowly make it to the digital world. Here is a testprint of ‘Matchstickman’. I also printed it in white but as you may know: the natural white APS is almot photo-proof due to its translucency… so enjoy some more details in black:
By the way:
Matchstickman is around 110mm tall and comes from the 55mm original that got scanned with David-Laserscanner.
I like to remesh things in Blender using ‘Blocks’. You may recognize the original. The print above is printed @0.2mm Layers|14mm/s. Sliced with Kisslicer, Raft enabled. The Raft was actually very easy to remove even with SchorschXYs bowdened extruder.
Recently, the guys from markepunktsechs asked me to print their models of two chairs. One is that classic Bloemenwerf by Henry van de Velde shown above. 1:10 (red) and 1:4 (white). If you search for pictures you will find some differences to the printed version. There are several reasons for that, one is ‘printability’: to get smooth silky surfaces i had to reconstruct the hole chair after a mesh i got to print. Let’s just say if you want to print something that originaly is made of several pieces, just print these pieces. It took me a week to figure out how to print this thing. After trying to print one half chair and getting wobbly warpy crap i started to print smaller parts and finally single parts like the original.
This isn’t Gunnar but made by Gunnar. Gunnar is a friend who makes actionfigures and just made that little guy. He is made of wood and around 50mm high.
This isn’t David but it’s scanned using the David-Laserscannersoftware with an Optoma PK301 and a Microsoft Lifecam-Studio. It took about 1.5hrs to get the hole figure but i think you can make it in 30min. Here he sits in Blender, From 750k faces (50MB out of David) to 10% (75k faces).
This isn’t Schorsch but SchorschXY printed it.
That little guy hasn’t got a name jet, i think. How about “Lampshade”:
the last picture shows the two Prints of Lampshade a little better than the earlier one:
The white spots are where the support stucked on the model, you can easy get rid of that using acetone and your finger… A few missing perimeters are caused by low-quality-ABS (waterbubbles) and single-walled-perimeter (left one) The right one is a reduced one with only ~7500 triangles.